Some of you, specially ones who don’t live in Indonesia, may piss off about the (almost) impossible to get ingredients needed to make the Sambal Dabu Dabu . (Psst, if you’re not.. please pretend that you are 😉 )
After making it, i try a little experiment which i’m sure will be succeed. How can i be sure ? Because i changed the Jambal Roti with BACON! hahaha Nothing goes wrong when bacon is included, am i right ? 😉 And i skipped the terasi as well. So, it is more and more similar to salsa.. (yes, that’s why i named it like above 😉 )
Let’s start the experiment *put my lab glass on* ^^
For recipe in Bahasa Indonesia, click here 🙂
|(Streaky) Bacon (as many as you like)||50 ml Cooking Oil|
|2 Tomatoes||Hot Chilies (as many as you like)|
|Shallot (as many as you like)|
- Slice tomatoes into small cubics, while fine slice shallot and hot chillies. Place them on a plate with shallots on top.
- Heat the oil with medium heat, then fry bacon until it is almost crispy. As you know, i use less cooking oil here, since bacon will produce oil when it is cooked.
- Shower the bacon with the oil on top of the other ingredients.
- Serve with warm rice, or baked/boiled potatoes also nice ^^
|Bacon (sesukanya)||50 ml Minak Goreng|
|2 Tomat||Cabe Rawit (sesukanya)|
|Bawang Merah (sesukanya)|
- Potong tomat jadi dadu kecil, iris kasar bawang merah dan cabe. Tata di piring dengan bawang merah di atas.
- Panaskan minyak dengan api sedang, goreng bacon hingga hampir krispi. Seperti yg anda tau, di sini saya mengurangi jumlah minyak, sebab bacon akan mengeluarkan minyak saat digoreng.
- Siramkan bacon di atas bahan-bahan.
- Sajikan dengan nasi hangat, atau kentang rebus/panggang juga boleh ^^